Slab leaks aren’t visible to the homeowner, which means when they have one, they often don’t know it until it’s too late and the damage is done. An undetected slab leak is a serious issue that can lead to your foundation collapsing. If you suspect you have a leak in your plumbing, call us right away and ask about our slab leak detection service.
If you have a stubborn clog, check out our hydro jetting page and see if we have the right tool for you.
What Is a Slab Leak?
In the plumbing industry, a slab leak is a term that refers to a leak within the copper water lines that run underneath your home’s concrete foundation. The problem with these leaks is that the homeowner is usually unaware they have a problem until the damage to the foundation is severe. An undetected slab leak can also cause mold to build up in your home which can lead to health problems for you and your family.
How to Determine You Have a Slab Leak
As mentioned, most slab leaks or foundation leaks go undetected until you experience foundation damage, but there are signs you can watch for that tell you have a problem, including:
- Unexpected increase in water bill
- Sound of running water when you’re not using any
- Damp carpet or warped floor
- Water meter registers water usage when there isn’t any
- Pooling water around your property
- Low water pressure
- Cracks in your home’s baseboard or walls
If you notice any of these symptoms, it could indicate a foundation leak, and the sooner you diagnose the problem, the better for you. Call us for slab leak detection right away.
Is your home over 50 years old? If so, chances are the pipes used in its construction are corroding and in danger of bursting. Check out our repiping services page and call us for an appointment.
Why Plumbing Nerds?
If you’re in the Port Royal and Naples, FL area, there are many foundation leak repair companies you can call when you need help. However, when you call us, you get a company that:
- Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed!
- Licensed, insured and fully background checked technicians so you and your family can feel safe letting them in your home
- Available for 24/7 emergency service so you get the help you need when you need it most