What Causes Pipes to Burst?
While frozen pipes are one of the main causes of burst pipes, other issues can lead to this problem including, moving pipes, corrosion, and water pressure. Here in Port Royal Naples, FL, frozen pipes aren’t much of a concern, but old, corroded pipes are. If your home is over 50 years old with the original pipes still in place, you may be in trouble and not know it. Call us and let us assess your situation to prevent a disaster from happening.
Signs You May Have a Hidden Water Leak
Most people think about a kitchen or bathroom pipe spraying out water when they think of a burst pipe, and while those are obvious signs you leak, there are some symptoms that you have an undetected water leak.
Here are some of those signs:
- Water pooling on your property
- Wet areas on your walls or ceiling
- Sound of water gushing in your walls
- Mold growth in areas where there’s little to no moisture
- Substandard water pressure